Monday, February 13, 2006

Welcome to the Campy Only Big Fix Blog


This summer, I will be riding a fixed-gear bike over 1,000 miles across four western states to help raise awareness of Histiocytosis, a rare and usually fatal disease that strikes about 4 in 1,000,000 persons (usually young children). Riding a fixed gear bike means riding without shifting gears, and without coasting--as long as your wheels are turning, the pedals are moving. It's old-fashioned and very old school; it's also very difficult. We've chosen to ride fixed-gear bikes because it's hard, partly to mirror the difficulties and struggles that face the families around the world face every day.

I'll be using this blog in the months leading up to the Big Fix (at www.fixhistio.org) and during the ride to let you know how our training is going, and how we're doing during the event itself. Check back often, and don't forget to visit my sponsorship page at fixhistio.org to donate on my behalf.

Thanks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Which rider do I donate under?

And do you mind if i blog you so my readers hear about it?

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home